Saturday, 13 October 2012

NUK First Choice Bottles


Baby Girl is a breastfed baby and although we have had our problems to overcome, both she and I enjoy it. Recently though, I started thinking about offering her a bottle of expressed breast milk so Daddy could help with the night feeds and possibly, at some point I could maybe venture out baby-free *gulp* Isn't it madness how I feel guilty at that prospect?

I had a favourite bottle that Little One took to brilliantly and I combined fed her once she was weaning without a hiccup. Naturally, I opted for these particular bottles again this time around, but Baby Girl wouldn't touch them. I bought several other brands only to be greeted with the same reaction.



NUK kindly offered to send me some of their First Choice bottles to try and I am thankful for their ongoing support as well. In all honesty, I wasn't expecting anything other than Baby Girl refusing again but I thought we would give them a go. I am slightly gob smacked, but she TOOK the bottle! OK- so she would only take it from me and the EBM* had to be warmed right up - BUT...she took the bottle! It's daft really  because now she's had a bottle, I'm not quite sure how I feel about combined feeding and I almost felt jealous but I do feel relieved in the knowledge  that she can take milk from a bottle if I choose to go down that path. She downed the whole bottle (about 4.5oz) and I fully expected to be wearing it soon after, but she kept the whole thing down and with little in the wind department so I'm quite impressed.

I was sent a pack of 4 of NUK First Choice bottles in size 1, which are suitable from birth to 6 months.  
NUK First Choice bottles are designed to be used with First Choice teats. These teats have a specially designed orthodontic shape and extra wide lip support to simulate breast feeding as closely as possible. The NUK Air System helps prevent colic by allowing air to flow into the bottle through a vent. This ensures that no air is swallowed during feeding.
The orthodontic shape of NUK teats are so special because they mimic the shape of a mother's nipple during breastfeeding. This creates an as natural feeding experience as possible. They also mimic the natural sucking action that babies use during breastfeeding, this encourages healthy oral development and this is why all NUK teats are approved by the British Dental Health Foundation. NUK is the only brand to have this accreditation.
All babies are born with under-developed jaws. The mouth, tongue and jaw muscles are then developed by the natural sucking action used in breastfeeding, which makes the baby ‘work’ for his feed.  By developing these muscles correctly, there will be sufficient space for correct development of the teeth. 
The teats have a medium hole and each bottle comes with a sealing disk so you can take them out and about without the risk of them leaking. The bottles are also BPA free.

Thank you so much for your support NUK!




*EBM =Expressed Breast Milk
Disclosure: I was sent some bottles in return for an honest review. My opinions are my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...